Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm presenting another Web 2.0 workshop...this time at the Conifer High School Tech Fair. My computer crashed last fall, and took some of my Web 2.0 stuff down with it. I'm still trying to recover some things. It has been good to revisit (and reinstall) all these great tools as I prepare for this workshop.

I need to keep encouraging the teachers in my building to use more of these tools with their students. They are powerful teaching and learning tools -- and come so naturally to our 21st century kids. Using them at school gives us the opportunity to teach safe and ethical use of technology.

I also think it's important for teachers to model learning technology. I don't think we have to master these tools before we use them with kids. They need to see us use trial and error, talk to other people to find solutions, check hardware, and more. Those are the technology skills they will need for their futures.

No comments: